Wednesday, May 6, 2015

HAVE A PLAN ON HOW YOU CAN LEARN A LANGUAGE ON YOUR OWN

IN mid-April, I decided to learn Spanish on my own – retuning to a wish I first had when I was a teenager.
After learning French for more than four years, I am sure I can manage Spanish.
I said to others who are interested in learning languages on their own that they must have a plan or strategy.
If they do not – they will be all over the place.
My strategy comes from learning French.
I said that students must have some plan on how they will learn their language of interest- then look for resources online.
My plan to learn Spanish will be to learn:
1. Greeting phrases
2. The alphabet and sounds (blends, diagraphs, etc)
3. Conjugating verbs in simple present tense (including verbs like ser - to be, estar – to be, ir - to go, tengo – to have, etc)
4. Nouns and their gender – as well as the articles
5. Prepositions and pronouns
6. The numbers
7. Telling time
8. Simple past tense
9. Future tense
10. The past imperfect
11. And so on


I will try to spend 3-4 hours each week on each topic. Because of my busy schedule, I will do my studies on weekends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment