Sunday, June 23, 2013

DROPOUTS AREN'T FAILURES: A WRITING PROJECT



LAST week I had a talk with a senior FODE teacher and she told me about the challenges they faced in trying to “reach out” to school leavers far from the cities/towns with the aim of getting them to upgrade their education.

One thing she mentioned was their lack of books or resources to guide the “dropouts” get back to school.
That touched one part of me, something I knew from years back: the need to motivate people to learn.
That “small talk” got me working on a project titled “Dropouts Aren’t Failures”.
When it is ready, I will let you know.

Just one point before I end this.
It does not matter how many times you fail in what you are doing. That does not mean it is the end of the world for you.
You may need to sit back and view your attempts with another “pair of eyes”.
Or, get some tips from others who have gone over the hurdle you are stumbling over.

Have a nice week. Bonne semaine.
Best wishes. Bon courage.

NOTE: FODE is the Flexible Open and Distance Education College. It operated previously as the College of Distance Education (CODE). Students who left school at Grades 6, 8 or 10 upgraded their education by doing courses offered by the college.     

No comments:

Post a Comment