Sunday, May 11, 2014

ANOTHER MOTHER'S SONG: LA FEMME DE LA MER

THIS is the second song and is written in memory of my (late) mother who originates from a small island about 60km from the northern coast of PNG.
The verse of the song is written in PNG Tok Pisin and the chorus is in French.
(The photo of the sea below is of another place in the Pacific. For those who grew up on an island or near the coast, the sea always brings you memories and soothes you in unexplainable ways.)

LA FEMME DE LA MER
Mi bin silip, malolo i stap
Na wanpela driman em kam
Kisim tingting bilong mi …
Go bek gen long yu

Mi bin kirap hariap long bed
Na raitim dispela song
Bai mi singsing go long yu
Tingting gen long yu

Na ol arapela manmeri
Ken tingim mama blong ol
Long ol gutpela samting ol mekim

CH
Maman, la femme de la mer
Maman, cet chanson est pour toi
Maman, tu es notre chèr mere
Tes chansons sont ici encore
Tu es avec moi

TRANSLATION … THE WOMAN FROM THE SEA
I was sleeping, just resting
And a dream came to me
Took my thoughts
Back again to you

I got up quickly from the bed
And wrote this song
I will sing it to you
And think again of you

CH
Mother, the woman from the sea
Mother, this song is for you
Mother, you are our dear mother
Your songs are still here
You are with me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment