Wednesday, March 26, 2014

NEW ZEALANDISH DAY FOR ME ... STRANGE BUT INTERESTING THINGS



I WAS on the bus, after checking on my passport stuff and on my way to work when this 1980s Moari song came on.
I got to work and checked on the internet and confirmed the name of the composer (something I must have known but have forgotten).
The composer (a famous Maori singer in those days), in the song, sings a love song for his beloved wife.

About two hours later, one of my younger cousins (who was also a student of mine from years back) sent me a message from Aotearoa (Maori name for NZ) and informed me about his studies there.
He is with the PNGDF and is studying music.
As I am typing this I realized that this day was a “New Zealandish” day for me.
From music, to info to news from Aotearoa. 

Watch for a little bit on this (regarding music and language) in the next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment