Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A BIT MORE ABOUT ME ... THE BLOGGER



IN case, you are reading the items in this blog and wondering who I am, here is a bit more about me.

Before I joined the newspaper company that I am now working with (in 2010), I was teaching at the secondary level.
I taught students in various schools in PNG in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Science, Physical Education and Commerce.
I spent two years in Nauru (in Micronesia), teaching Mathematics to students in a junior high school.
I also taught Mathematics (as a part-time tutor) for four years in two different regional universities in the Pacific – the University of Papua New Guinea and the University of South Pacific (Nauru campus).

Since 2011, I have been writing a weekly column for The National, a daily newspaper in PNG.
The column is titled “Learn and Live” and targets the young people in school or at work – particularly, the items appear in the “Youth and Careers” page of the paper every Wednesday.
Many of the items/ideas posted in this blog come from the “Learn and Live” items.
I try to give the best tips to students/young people in my items – as I was doing when I was teaching.

I am learning French with Alliance Française in Port Moresby – and, I love it.
In the Pacific, English is spoken in most countries, whereas French is used in schools and commerce in the territories of New Calédonia, Wallis and Futuna and French Polynesia (Tahiti).

Cheers.

- Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment