Thursday, October 24, 2013

EVALUATE YOURSELF: WORKER'S TIP



WORKER, EVALUATE YOURSELF: As an individual, we must evaluate ourselves.
In my job, we are given an evaluation form each year to evaluate ourselves.

In that form, you also give a score (x/5) for yourself on your PUNCTUALITY, DRESS CODE, TEAM WORK, INDEPENDENT PERFORMANCE, TOP TASKS YOU PERFORMED THIS YEAR, ETC.
Upon your evaluation, and your supervisor’s comments, a pay rise or other benefits may follow.

Now, even if we are not given an evaluation form to fill out, it is good practice to evaluate yourself.
You see, others may have an impression of you – but you, as an individual, should also have an impression of yourself.
Some questions we can mentally ask ourselves are:
Am I punctual for work?
Do I show enthusiasm at the workplace?
Do I work well with my colleagues?
Can I work unsupervised?
Can I effectively supervise others – as in showing the ropes to new staff members?
Am I reliable?     
Have I mastered skills in my job?

Answering those questions honestly, and trying to up your level of performance in those different areas will certainly improve you as a person (which I think is the reason why we are still breathing).

Now, let me give a last challenge.
Someone (I forgot who) often challenged himself by asking the question: “If I were the owner of a top enviable company, would I hire MYSELF?”
And with that I leave you all for the weekend.

Enjoy your weekend and be safe and productive.
I have a few items to write for the children apart from some house work and will be busy.
Cheers.
Bon weekend et bonne chance!

(PS. I was invited to board a French warship for a party tomorrow (for me it is clean party – no alcohol) but had to turn it down due to my wish to complete some housework. Another invitation came for me to go to Hanuabada village with some sports personnel for a special clean-up campaign but I had to turn it down as well. I have to fix up my place first. Those opportunities will come around soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment