Sunday, May 19, 2013

LEARNING TIP: SOME WISHES WILL COME TRUE A BIT LATER


THIS is one thing in life that I learned and that is, there are certain wishes/goals of yours will not be realized as soon as you think they should.

I wanted to play the guitar when I was 12, already strumming the ukulele at 10. I started playing the guitar when I was 16. I bought my first guitar when I was 23 (from my pay packet).
I wanted to play the piano when I was 12. When I was 17, we had our first instruction on the instrument while doing Grade 12. (I still have to get back to it, though I bought my first keyboard at 35.)

Photo: A guitar in my room. 

When I was 18, I wanted to learn Spanish. It was not until when I was 35 that I started classes in French, a language related to it because they (as well as Italian, Portuguese and Latin) originate from the old Roman language.

The violin was another instrument we learned when we were in Grade 12. Our music teacher was an accomplished violinist from the Philippines.
This particular instrument is superb, if you know how to play it in accompanying a guitar or piano on ballads, or slow, gentle music. I am planning to purchase one in a few months time – after my step-sister gets married next month. (I have to make sure the priorities get done first.)

I am not saying this as if I am good in this or that but to let you know that some of your wishes will come true further down the road than you think – but you must continue on the right track and not be distracted.

With that I wish you all a nice and productive week.
Bon chance (best wishes).

No comments:

Post a Comment