Thursday, May 30, 2013

WRITING TIP: GETTING CREATIVE STUFF FROM DREAMS



I MAY have mentioned this quite “unusual” tip sometime ago. Your dreams could be fertile grounds to bring out sub-plots, or anything creative.


Of course, as writers, we have to decide what goes on paper, and what does not. We make that decision for all sorts of reasons, including judging by our moral/ethical principles.


Interestingly today, I got a “song” from a dream.

As soon as I woke up, I went to the guitar and worked out the chord-sequence following the clear melody that was completed in the dream.


My challenge now is not to lose it. I have to keep working – adding words and other parts – until it remains with me, forever.


These kind of experiences teach us yet again, how wonderful the mind is – its conscious as well as its sub-conscious parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment