Sunday, May 12, 2013

POETRY: I MUST REMAIN FOCUSED

FOR the first time, I am posting poetry here. 
Educational poetry, I mean.
I was helping another group discussing Rhyme and Rhythm and decided to pen some of those lines while the "bug" is still here.
Also, while searching on the net for good poetry, I came across some sites that had poems by individuals - and they were nice.
Well, here is the first from me.

I MUST REMAIN FOCUSED – By TH, May 12
I must remain focused
Keep my eyes off the locust
That’s flying here and there
All o’er, everywhere  

I’ve many lines to write
And if I get them right
The writer would be paid
Time’s running out, she said

She? Yes, Jewel, my boss
She blasts us for the loss
When we send the lines late
She talks like death’s our fate

Well, let me quit my chat
Put on my thinking hat
And ink those lines right
While there is still much light  

Let the locust move out there
While I get work done here
Bees and birds are there too  
But I’ve got work to do

Tomorrow when I’m done
Will come out to the sun
Sit with a drink and stare
As they fly about there

No comments:

Post a Comment