Saturday, January 4, 2014

LUNCH AND STORIES ON FRIDAY IN DOWN TOWN PORT MORESBY



ON Friday, I went to Down Town Port Moresby to catch up with John, a brother, who was to travel today (Sunday) to the Highlands where he works. We were to have lunch and catch up with bits and pieces.
It provided me the opportunity to bring along a camera and take shots of the streets of Port Moresby.

(For those who do not know, back in the 1960s and 1970s, Down Town Port Moresby was the centre of the city, where the big shopping centres were – Burns Philp and Steamships. Today the city has big shops in different parts e.g. Boroko or Waigani, and most people do not come to Down Town unless it is work or business related. You can get almost anything you want in other shops in Boroko or Waigani. I live much closer to Waigani and have not been to Down Town since October.)



Photo: Champion Parade on Friday afternoon. The kai house is next to the big tree 200m down the road - to the left. 

We, John and I, went to a kai place (along Champion Parade), bought chicken rolls and soft drinks and caught up with stories and briefly going over what we were planning to do this year and later.
About three hours later, he made a call on the phone and another brother, Just, who works in one of the offices there came and joined us.
We sat there for at least another hour with me going over my studies on the life of Joseph, the dreamer (as posted in the last few weeks).

I enjoyed the afternoon.
Thanks John and Just.
May be we will have another one in a few months time?

PS. I will show you some of the pics I took while in Down Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment