Tuesday, January 7, 2014

THINKING OF SETTLING ABROAD?

THIS thought often enters the mind of those who are educated and have opportunities that knock on their door – I mean, being offered jobs and privileges abroad where they can live a much better life than here in PNG.

Last week, while speaking with a brother, I was reminded that if an opportunity arose, I could take one year off to live and learn in one particular country (not just any country) somewhere far from PNG.
But after I am done with that year, I will be coming home to base to build stuff – all sorts of stuff.

I was born in PNG, bred in PNG, educated in PNG, love PNG and the Pacific and want to create more stuff for people here – my people.
We have to choose – to go or stay.
As for me, it’s clear, I prefer to make my base here, in my homeland.
I will be at peace with myself.
I will be happy to go to the grave knowing that I have lived and toiled with my base being where I was born.

You have the privilege of choosing. May you make the right choice. 

A QUOTE: "A man's feet should be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world." - George Santayana
    

No comments:

Post a Comment