Thursday, January 23, 2014

POETRY: A POEM A WEEK

I have set a goal -

If I don’t grow weak;

I will pen a poem -

One poem for each week



Now watch this, my friend

Give me your good ear;

I will bind them all

At the of the year -


And send them out

To good folks like you

Those I know quite well

And I don’t know too



Yes, that’s five tens -

And two poems on file;

A bad goal you say -

And will take a while?



Do not fret my friend

Don’t you think I’m fit -

For such a big task?

Well I am on it



I’ll write of the stars

In the far, far space;

And of things close by

Like folks at my place



I’ll write of the trees

The hills, the tall mounts;

My friends, views and moods -

Or the cool, nice sounds



That is a good goal

So you see my friend

The game’s on, I’m off

See you at the end

- Posted first in Pacific Indigenous Writers

No comments:

Post a Comment